IPPF South Asia Regional Youth Network (SARYN) is a youth led network run by IPPF youth volunteers in South Asia and support by IPPF South Asia Regional Office and its 9 Member Associations (MA) in Maldives, Sri Lanka, India, Bhutan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran.
The main objectives of the IPPF SARYN are
- To ensure fair and democratic representation and participation of young people from the South Asia Region at all levels of governance in the Federation
- To promote and advocate for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights of young people in South Asia at regional and international levels
- To provide technical inputs to strengthen and monitor regional level programmes to be youth-friendly
- To strengthen and co-ordinate the MA-level youth networks
- To establish partnerships with external youth networks at regional & international levels
Also SARYN is promoting youth-adult partnership among staff and volunteers of the IPPF MAs in SAR and ensuring meaningful involvement of young people at all levels of programmes and services in the MAs. IPPF SARYN shares the core values of IPPF and is committed to implementing the Sexual Rights Declaration of IPPF.
We are students, lawyers, journalists, Human rights activists, designers and teachers who are in between 16 to 24. We involved with last two ICAAPs and APCRSHs in the capacity of youth coordinators, youth co-chairs, youth speakers, youth moderators and youth volunteers. To see what we do, what we believe and what our young people have to say, visit http://onevoicesouthasia.wordpress.com